CyrusOne Hamilton Data Center
Utilities & Commissioning
Control System Integration
Fosdick & Hilmer designed the M/E/P and automation systems as well as actively participated in construction and commissioning of this 84,000 SF commercial facility conversion to a state-of-the-art data processing center.
The data center was designed for multiple phases of occupancy and multiple clients. The building consists of 84,000 SF on two levels and includes the infrastructure to support 75 to 125 watts/SF of data processing in a 20,000 SF data floor on the ground floor, and 27,000 SF on the upper floor. The remaining space was designed for plant, support, and administrative use.
This data center site is classified as a Tier III facility by the Uptime Institute. Tier III facility infrastructure is composed of multiple active power and cooling distribution paths, but only one path active, has redundant components, and is concurrently maintainable, providing at least 99.982% availability.
- N+1 Design
- 3,000 T Chilled Water Capacity
- Dual Utility 12.47kV Service
- 3-Element Ring Bus Electrical Distribution Architecture
- 10,800 kW Emergency Generation
- Fully Redundant Industrial PLC-based Automation System, implemented by Fosdick & Hilmer
- Chiller condensers cooled by onsite well water, eliminating the need for cooling towers