Fosdick & Hilmer has long been committed to the concept of sustainability, and we demonstrate that in a number of ways: by encouraging our staff to become educated and certified in sustainable engineering practices; by helping to enlighten our clients as to the life cycle benefits of sustainability; by consulting with architects, construction managers, and contractors on the selection of products and development of designs that result in sustainable buildings. Our staff, which includes LEED APs and Certified Energy Managers, began engineering systems that reduce the consumption of natural resources, reduce the emission of air and water pollutants, control noise and light pollution, and lower the life cycle cost of owning a building or campus long before green design and sustainability rose to the forefront of our national conscience. Building owners and facility managers can be assured that systems engineered by F&H will help them in their endeavors to be good stewards of our planet’s resources and of the capital they invest in their facilities.
Our LEED Certified buildings include:
- LEED Platinum – Renewable Energy Center, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL
- LEED Gold – Aviation Barracks (FTW336B), Fort Wainwright, AK
- LEED Gold – 3rd Air Support Operations Center (FTW349), Fort Wainwright, AK
- LEED Silver – Warrior in Transition Complex (FTW350), Fort Wainwright, AK
- LEED Silver – Bear Paw Housing Development, Fort Wainwright, AK
- LEED Silver – Gertsch Heights Infill Housing Development, Fort Wainwright, AK
- LEED Silver – Bassett Infill Housing Development, Fort Wainwright, AK
- LEED Silver – Northern Lights Housing Development, Fort Wainwright, AK
- LEED Silver – Vehicle Maintenance Facility (FTW336C), Fort Wainwright, AK
- LEED NC Silver – North American Production Support Center, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Georgetown, KY
- LEED Certified – Potter Stewart Courthouse Renovation, Cincinnati, OH
- LEED EB-OM – Main Building, The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH – first hospital in the country to receive this certification.
- Pending LEED NC – Clinical Research Building, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- Pending LEED Healthcare – Joint and Spine Center, The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH