Arc Flash Evaluation – Jim Beam Distilleries
Fosdick & Hilmer has executed multiple Arc Flash Studies for three Jim Beam Brands distilleries. We provided the initial arc flash evaluation and the follow-up investigation for the distilleries in Cincinnati (OH), Clermont (KY) and Frankfort (KY).
The Frankfort (KY) plant was the largest of the three with approximately 250 buses. Clermont and Cincinnati each had a bus count of approximately 200.
- Single-line drawing validation(service entrance to Category 0), or
- Field data collection of all electrical system components (service entrance to Category 0).
- Updating or creation of single-line diagrams.
- Electrical system modeling of the single-lines.
- Perform short-circuit and coordination study.
- Arc flash analysis and reporting.
- Provided recommendations for limiting identified hazards to Category 2 or below.
- Printed and attached arc flash labels.
- Provided Plant O&M staff training.
- Delivered bound reports for each location including software model output and single-lines drawings in AutoCAD format.