Location T Research Tower – Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- 4,000 Ton chilled water plant,
- 40,000 lb/hr central steam plant
- Existing facility hot glycol boilers for heating hot water
- Laboratory gases
- A central station 750,000 cfm air handling system with energy recovery
- Specialized air pressure monitoring and control to contain odors and pathogens
- A 6,000 kW diesel driven standby electric power plant
- Combination LED and CFL lighting with daylight controls
- A digital multiplexed fire alarm system
- Telecommunications and data wiring
Fosdick & Hilmer provided full design and integration of control and automation systems for the building using industrial grade instruments and programmable logic controllers, all interfaced with the CCHMC’s campus-wide Wonder-Ware HMI software, for which Fosdick & Hilmer created new graphic and trending screens.
Fosdick & Hilmer provided complete lighting design for the building that included photometrics, cost-benefit analysis of light sources for each task, lighting controls that include use of daylighting, and very innovative exterior lighting that gives the building its signature night-time appearance.
The Location T Building is certified LEED Silver by the U.S. Green Building Council. Fosdick & Hilmer performed building envelope energy analysis and engineered systems to help achieve the Silver certification.